The Scout was Navy built in 1915 and served as a light house tender in the Isle Royale area.  Some years later sold to fishermen who worked it in the same waters.  When those fisheries declined it somehow made its way to the Washburn Marina 'boneyard', where it was purchased and brought to Chequamegan Boat Works for restoration and conversion into a launch.  

The Scout is now on display at the Bayfield Maritime Museum.  Please view Lake Superior working watercraft.

 

 

 

                                                          Scout photos by builder